Spring 2012 Nail Polish Trends

Most of us know that with every season comes a new fashion trend worn on runways, that usually turn into the new trend of the season. For people like me who are not highly concerned with the latest styles, something I like to keep an eye out for are the latest nail polish trends of the season. This year, 2012, it looks like neutrals and pastels are more in than ever, along with deep reds, and bright colors such as tangerine orange. 

One of the best nail polish brands on the market today is Butter London. They are known for their "3-Free" non-toxic formula and extremely opaque pigmentation. Butter London is also known for the creative names they give their nail polishes (i.e. Knackered, Tramp Stamp, and All Hail the Queen). The color to the right, "Jaffa" is very "in" this spring because of the bright orange and hint of red. The only downside to Butter London, is that each polish goes for $14.00, which is quite expensive, but many argue that it is worth the price if you find a color you are in love with. You can find Butter London polishes at stores such as Nordstrom, Sephora and Ulta. (http://www.butterlondon.com/)

After looking through different Spring 2012 collections, I found that the metallic and chrome trends are still sticking around, and even the holographic nail polishes are very in season as well. The chrome polishes (pictured to the left) are hard to come by, but they personally remind me of the gladiator trend that was around a few years ago. Sally Hansen, a popular drugstore nail polish brand, offers a chrome polish for around $5.00, which is a great alternative to the higher end brands. You can find Sally Hansen products at most drugstores and Ulta.

Lastly, one of the more recent trends that has become very popular is the Ombre style nail polishes. Basically, one color at the base of the nail down by the cuticle slowly fades into another color at the tip of the nail. It is a really cool effect that seem's pretty hard to achieve on your own, but there are many tutorials online that can help guide anyone looking to try out this new nail polish trend. (Easy Ombre Nail Polish Tutorial)

Paint Away,
Haleigh

At Home

Phasellus facilisis convallis metus, ut imperdiet augue auctor nec. Duis at velit id augue lobortis porta. Sed varius, enim accumsan aliquam tincidunt, tortor urna vulputate quam, eget finibus urna est in augue.

4 comments:

  1. I've never really been in to painting my nails, mainly because i'm awful at it. But recently I've been seeing these trends and I am getting really excited about it!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah the trends keep getting cooler and cooler! But yeah I'm the type that re-paints my nails ever two days so I'm super into nail polish!! :)

      Delete
  2. I really enjoyed this post! The ombre nails look awesome and I think I'm going to try it with some cute pastel colors! And I love Sally Hansen, it's the only nail polish I use besides American Apparel polish.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm glad you enjoyed it! I have never tried the American Apparel nail polish, but I have heard great things about it! I'll go check it out!

      Delete